TERM 1 - Then and Now (Eltham)
The children investigate present and past family life. They learn about similarities and differences in family life by comparing the present with
the past. The children will identify changes that have occurred in the past, by exploring a person or building in their local community (Eltham).
They will also discuss the benefits of changing technology.
● How has family life changed or remained the same over time?
● How can we show that the present is different from or similar to the past?
● How do we describe the sequence of time?
● What aspects of the past can you see today? What do they tell us?
● What changes have occurred in our community? What have you noticed? Why have these changes occurred?
● What remains of the past are important to the local community? Why?
● How have changes in technology shaped our daily life?