Eltham East Primary School offers a high quality education, in an environment committed to child safety, for all primary school aged children. Please make a time to tour the school with our Leadership team, by calling the office on 03 9439 9793 to find a convenient time.
Due to the high demand for positions at the school, the school has an official enrolment cap of 650 students. We are accepting children where we are your closest school.
Prep enrolments for 2019
If Eltham East PS is the closest State Primary School to your residential address you are eligible to enrol your child. In 2019 we have 80 prep positions in 4 classes. We are accepting all enrolments from the 30th April until the 23rd of July. Please see below for information regarding our comprehensive transition programs. After 23rd July 2018, you will receive a letter confirming your place at our school. Families for whom EEPS is the closest state primary school will have priority. After this remaining places will be given to families outside of our area.
All Enrolments Prep to Year 6
To enrol your child at EEPS you will need to complete an Enrolment Form.
You may also be required to complete an Alternative Family Details Form.
The primary family “is the family or parent the student lives with most of the time.”
The alternative family “is the family the student lives with some of the time.”
For equal, shared parenting arrangements please complete the primary family details on the Enrolment Form and the alternative family details on the Alternative Family Details Form.
The enrolment form requires information such as:
- Names and addresses of the child’s parents or guardians
- Home and work contact numbers
- Name and phone number of an emergency contact person
- Doctor’s name and phone number
- Health and welfare information about your child including your child’s medical conditions, such as asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes etc...
At the time of enrolment we need to sight the following original documents:
- Birth certificate or evidence of date of birth
- We also ask that you bring a recent gas, electricity account or rental agreement showing your address
- School entry immunisation status certificate. These can be obtained from:
- The Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR). Telephone 1800 653 809
- Your local Medicare Office or online at www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/online
- Your GP
- Your local council immunisation service
If you are enrolling from overseas there are some additional pieces of information required so please telephone our helpful office staff on +6 13 9439 9793.
We strongly encourage prospective families to make a time for a personal tour of EEPS. Your child should turn five years of age by 30th April of their preparatory year. We invite you to attend Education Week Open day 23rd May, as well as, our small group Prep transition and orientation activities. These sessions commence in term 2 and include:
- Art lesson
- Story time session
- Music and Movement session
- Big Book Fun
- Classroom familiarisation
- Education Week Open Day
Download - Enrolment Form
Download - Enrolment Form for alternative parent
Download - Letter regarding student enrolment required documentation
Download- Parent Occupation Code
Download - School Transition Beginning School Protocol
Download - Letter of Introduction ( To be updated for 2019 )